Re: can't install postgres 8.4 on windows 2003 server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ritas
Subject Re: can't install postgres 8.4 on windows 2003 server
Date
List pgsql-general
Sachin,

I was using the windows user the postgres installer created to register the
service. That failed. I thought I will try a admin user and I was able to
register the service. Then I ran all the failed vb scripts in the installer
which was listed in the install-postgresql.log file: startupcfg.vbs,
createshortcuts.vbs, startserver.vbs, loadmodules.vbs. But I changed the
user for the startupcfg.vbs to one of the admin users. After doing all these
hacks it looks like postgres is installed fine.

I was wondering why the user created by postgres was not able to register
the service? Anybody else installing postgres 8.4 on windows 2003 server
have this issue? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks.