Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers
Date
Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> One of the comments I saw over the past few days on how to make things on
> pgFoundry more visible was to have the commit messages for its projects
> sent out through pgsql-committers as well ...

> How many objections would there be to setting this up, and seeing how it
> works?  The idea would be to change the subject header to reflect the
> project, instead of the list, so that one could create filters ...

Please add, not change, ie it should look something like
[COMMITTERS] project: list-of-files

However, if each project's fileset has a distinct module name, it may
be that we don't need the project label at all since the root of the
list-of-files will be enough.  For instance all commits for the core
project already start with pgsql-server/, and it seems like that's
sufficient ID.

BTW, while you're messing with it, can you fix the random one-character
lossage that so frequently happens in the list of file names?
A recent example is

Subject: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml oc/src/sgm ...

where of course "doc" is meant not "oc".