Re: [HACKERS] WITH clause in CREATE STATISTICS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WITH clause in CREATE STATISTICS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On 5/12/17 4:46 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Although I've not done anything about it here, I'm not happy about the
>>> handling of dependencies for stats objects.

>> Yeah, it's a bit frankensteinian ...

> I'm prepared to create a fix for that, but it'd be easier to commit the
> current patch first, to avoid merge conflicts.

Done.  I noted that we weren't making an owner dependency either :-(.

Also, we might want to think about letting stats objects be extension
members sometime.  As things stand, if an extension script does CREATE
STATISTICS, the stats object will just be "loose" rather than bound
into the extension.

We still have docs and nomenclature issues to work on.  Anyone want
to take point on those?