Re: 'default nextval()' loses schema-qualification in dump ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 'default nextval()' loses schema-qualification in dump ?
Date
Re: 'default nextval()' loses schema-qualification in dump ?  (Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud.listes@codata.eu>)
List pgsql-general
Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud.listes@codata.eu> writes:
> As you have understood, I am not very savvy about postgresql's
> internals, but from what you say my guess is that the problem is int the
> psqlODBC is getting the default value of the sequence ?

I have no idea, because you haven't showed us what's happening, only
your oversimplified description of what's happening.  We really need to
see the exact SQL used to define the table (copy that from your dump,
perhaps) as well as the exact SQL used in the misbehaving insert
commands.

            regards, tom lane