Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:
> Switches set to historical:

>   schema search path = (user's own schema, "any" schema, postgres)

>   [ default creation schema = user's own schema ]

> The searching in "any" schema (i.e., any owner) will let will find
> things that where defined the way they are today, i.e., possibly
> by several different users.

No, it won't, because nothing will ever get put into that schema.
(At least not by existing pg_dump scripts, which are the things that
really need to see the historical behavior.)  The
default-creation-schema variable has got to point at any/public/
whatever-we-call it, or you do not have the historical behavior.