Docs pg_restore: Shouldn't there be a note about -n ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florents Tselai
Subject Docs pg_restore: Shouldn't there be a note about -n ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I’m in the process of trying to restore some PG15/16 backups in PG17.

While playing with different -t and -n combinations I was browsing through the docs.

In pg_restore there are two notes about both -t / -n

> When -n / -t is specified, pg_dump makes no attempt to ...

In pg_dump though there’s the equivalent note only for the -t option.

Shouldn’t it be a note as well for -n ?

Otherwise I would expect -n to cascade the restore to objects in other schemas;
Which I don’t think it does.

Am I missing something?