Re: SELECT constant; takes 15x longer on 9.0? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SELECT constant; takes 15x longer on 9.0?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Greg has the right idea: show debug_assertions.

> why not the entire set of configure options?

We've discussed that before.  pg_config already provides that info,
and there was some concern about security risks of exposing it inside
the database.  (In particular, we currently go to some lengths to not
expose any file path information to non-superusers.)  If there's a
reason to expose *individual* configuration options that aren't already
easily checkable, we could discuss that.

I would be against sticking it into version() output in any case.
That function's already overloaded beyond any sane interpretation
of its purpose, to the point where it's difficult to make use of
the output programmatically.