Re: Rename withCheckOptions to insertedCheckClauses - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Rename withCheckOptions to insertedCheckClauses
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Dean Rasheed (dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Also, these were added in 9.4, so introducing this many differences
>> between 9.4 and 9.5+ will make back-patching harder.

> That's certainly true, but we don't want current or future hackers to be
> confused either.

Yes.  I do not think that we should stick with badly chosen names just
because of back-patching concerns.  By that argument, we should never
fix any erroneous comments either.

Whether these particular names are improvements is, of course, a fit
subject for debate.  I have to agree that I don't feel like we've quite
hit on le mot juste yet.