Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Christopher Petrilli <petrilli@gmail.com> writes:
> I can start at about 4,000 rows/second, but at about 1M rows, it
> plummets, and by 4M it's taking 6-15 seconds to insert 1000 rows.
> That's only about 15 rows/second, which is quite pathetic.   The
> problem seems to be related to my indexes, since I have to keep them
> online (the system in continually querying, as well).

I doubt it has anything to do with your indexes.  I'm wondering about
foreign key checks, myself.  What FKs exist on these tables?  Is the
"start" condition zero rows in every table?  Which PG version exactly?

            regards, tom lane