Re: psql crashes found when executing slash commands - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql crashes found when executing slash commands
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"K S, Sandhya (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <sandhya.k_s@nokia.com> writes:
> The issue was with the version of flex(not sure any issue with flex 2.5.37 version).
> We were able to compile with flex version 2.6.4 and it is working without any psql crashes.

Interesting.  There are many buildfarm members reporting that they
use 2.5.37, and we've not seen any issues there.  Maybe there's a
platform-specific bug in it?  Or those members are really running
vendor-patched versions rather than straight 2.5.37?  (Hard to
believe they'd all have the same patch though.)

I also remain suspicious that you were running only one of psqlscan.l and
psqlscanslash.l through your local flex, and using the tarball-provided
output file for the other.  We currently use flex 2.6.1 when creating
tarballs.  It's not real hard to believe that there was an ABI break
between 2.5.x and 2.6.x ...

Dunno that it's worth any extra trouble to track it down, though.

            regards, tom lane