Re: Hot Standby, release candidate? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * NonTransactionalInvalidation logging has been removed following
> review, but AFAICS that means VACUUM FULL doesn't work correctly on
> catalog tables, which regrettably will be the only ones still standing
> even after we apply VFI patch. Did I misunderstand the original intent?
> Was it just buggy somehow? Or is this hoping VF goes completely, which
> seems unlikely in this release.

For my money, the only reason VF is still around is there hasn't been
an urgent reason to get rid of it.  If it doesn't play with HS, I think
we'd be better served to put work into getting rid of it than to put
work into fixing it.