Re: PSA: Systemd will kill PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PSA: Systemd will kill PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 07/10/2016 10:56 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> tl;dr; Systemd 212 defaults to remove all IPC (including SYSV memory)
>> when a user "fully" logs out.

> That looks like it was under discussion in April, though.  Do we have
> confirmation it was never fixed?  I'm not seeing systemd killing
> Postgres under Fedora24.

Last I heard, there's an exclusion for "system" accounts, so an
installation that's using the Fedora-provided pgsql account isn't
going to have a problem.  It's homebrew installs running under
ordinary-user accounts that are at risk.

But they might have changed the policy some more since then.