Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Pavel Raiskup
Subject Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Friday 22 of January 2016 07:32:50 Dave Cramer wrote:
> This is a standard maven artifact. Jar files can be opened using zip tools.
> If it is not usable in that state we can change it back although it adds an
> additional step

Ah, I thought that was not intentional.

Tarballs are the standard for releases of wast majority of FOSS projects
-- as the 'ustar' format is defined by POSIX (and is _really_ simple,
compared to zip) it is available probably everywhere.  Fore example,
PostgreSQL and Maven themselves are distributed in tarballs.

As I write you from GNU/Linux, I definitely prefer .tar.gz, but OTOH, this
is probably not burning if nobody else cares -- I'm just surprised.
I believe we are able to deal with jar/zip files.

Pavel