Re: Raising the geqo_threshold default - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Raising the geqo_threshold default
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> Perhaps you mean the discussion from
> July 6, 2009 started by Robert Haas? That was approximately 8000
> messages ago, and no consensus was reached that I could find.

Precisely.

> So I'd like to respectfully ask the hackers to consider raising the
> default value from 12 to 16 (as Robert Haas first suggested) or
> even higher (20?).

Have you got any evidence whatsoever to back up those suggestions?
(In particular, evidence that it's not going to cause serious
performance degradations for some people.)  Otherwise you're not
advancing the discussion past where it left off.