Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
>> | %ifarch ppc
>> | NEW_CFLAGS=`echo $CFLAGS|xargs -n 1|grep -v "\-O"|xargs -n 100`
>> | NEW_CFLAGS="$NEW_CFLAGS -O0"
>> This is no longer necessary.

> Depends on the convolutions the particular build of rpm itself is
> doing.  This is a fix for the broken rpm setup found on Linux-PPC, as
> found by Tom Lane.  It would be marvelous if this would be expendable at
> this juncture.

It is.  7.1 builds cleanly on PPC without any CFLAGS hackery.  I think
we can even survive the -fsigned-char stupidity now ;-)

>> I think the standard installed set of headers is sufficient.

> Is it?  It _wasn't_ sufficient for SPI development at 7.0.  Have the
> headers and the headers install been fixed to install _all_ necessary
> development headers, SPI included?

No, nothing's been done about that AFAIK.  I'm not sure the RPMs should
be taking it on themselves to solve the problem, however.