Re: Repeatable crash in pg_dump (with -d2 info) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Repeatable crash in pg_dump (with -d2 info)
Date
transaction error handling  (Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska@esri.com>)
List pgsql-admin
David Schnur <dnschnur@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm seeing pg_dump [8.3.15 Windows] crash reproducibly against a particular
> database.

Can you provide a stack trace from the crash?  There's some info about
that here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows
though I think it's oriented towards backend crashes more than client-side
crashes.

Alternatively, do you have the SQL definition for the function you think
is causing the crash?  There's not much that anybody else is going to be
able to do about this unless you can provide a reproducible test case.

            regards, tom lane