Re: vista - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: vista
Date
Re: vista  ("Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>)
Re: vista  (Naz Gassiep <naz@mira.net>)
List pgsql-general
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
> On 09/18/06 22:32, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> John Meyer wrote:
>>> has anybody gotten postgresql to install successfully under Windows
>>> Vista?
>>
>> It's not out yet ;)

> Release Candidates are, for the very purpose of allowing ISVs to
> have their s/w ready on time.

> But then, people who use Windows are just as scurvy as those scurvy
> dogs who use PHP and MySQL.  Arrrr.

Well, we are entirely ready to accept patches from any Windows Vista
beta testers who are able to find and fix portability issues.

It's the folks who think that non-Windows-using developers should care
about Vista that bug me.  This is open-source code, people.  Scratch
your own itch.

            regards, tom lane