Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Justin Pitts" <justinpitts@gmail.com> writes:
> [ crash in CopySnapshot ]

This is a new one I think.  Alvaro fixed some snapshot management issues
back in October, but if you're seeing it on 8.4.2 then that didn't fix
it :-(

> I am including a backtrace. Sanitizing a simple, clear repro case will take
> us some time, and it may be easier for us to host a duplicate machine for
> someone to ssh into. Please let me know if that is reasonable, or how else I
> can assist.

The trace is definitely not sufficient info by itself.  If you'd prefer
to make a machine available than extract a test case, we can work with
that.  Contact me or Alvaro offlist to work out details.

            regards, tom lane