Re: Archives policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Archives policy
Date
Re: Archives policy  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-www
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Altogether that page now reads like, our archiving system is too stupid to
>> handle removals and we are too busy to bother. �Not sure if that will serve to
>> convince people. �"Extremely difficult" is after all the same as "possible".

> Well that is essentially correct :-) Any suggestions for alternative text?

The really key point is the one about there being many copies of our
archives that we have no control over, so asking us to remove our
copy accomplishes nothing worth the complainant's trouble.  The rest is
unlikely to deter anyone.
        regards, tom lane