Re: ipv6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ipv6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ola Sundell <ola@miranda.org> writes:
> Whatever happened to that patch that Paul Vixie sent in, that was supposed
> to be applied? Why is it still in the TODO list?

Because Paul hasn't fixed the outstanding problems with it: as
submitted, it reverted the painfully-agreed-to formatting behavior
for the inet datatypes.

This could easily be dealt with (IMHO) by re-patching as we'd done
for 7.1.  But Paul had an additional agenda item: he wanted to see
our code restructured as a pure wrapper around the published libbind
subroutines.  I have no problem with that --- as long as someone
else does the legwork.  So far, neither Paul nor anyone else has.