Re: Transaction wraparound problem with database postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: Transaction wraparound problem with database postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

> From: Scott Marlowe [mailto:scott.marlowe@gmail.com]

> Do your logs show any kind of error when vacuuming about
> "only owner can vacuum" a table or anything?

I grepped through the logs from the last four days and, no, there were
none such errors whatsoever. Last vacuum analyze run returned the
following:

INFO:  free space map contains 1974573 pages in 9980 relations
DETAIL:  A total of 2043408 page slots are in use (including overhead).
2043408 page slots are required to track all free space.
Current limits are:  2100000 page slots, 10000 relations, using 13376
kB.

I have since increased these limits by 50% as we've come quite close to
what was configured. But as they hadn't been reached yet anyway, so I
don't think we did have any sort of apparent problem with the running of
vaccuum as such.

Kind regards

   Markus

Computec Media AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Furth (HRB 8818)
Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender) und Rainer Rosenbusch
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jurg Marquard
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276