Re: i need help - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Ray O'Donnell
Subject Re: i need help
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 11/02/2021 15:53, Ralf Bezzenberger wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I am using pgAdmin 4.30 and have the following problem:
>
> I had a server running and then removed it. When trying to add a new
> server with the same name I get the message that localhost:5432 cannot
> be connected (see Attachment).
>
> Using netstat tell me there is no process on that port.

Is the PostgreSQL server on localhost or on a remote machine?

If it's localhost, check the port which it's listening on - it might be
something other than 5432. You should find this in postgresql.conf.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie