Re: Repeated Query is much slower in PostgreSQL8.2.4 than DB2 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From ning
Subject Re: Repeated Query is much slower in PostgreSQL8.2.4 than DB2 9.1
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Craig,

The log is really long, but I compared the result of "explain analyze"
for first and later executions, except for 3 "time=XXX" numbers, they
are identical.
I agree with you that PostgreSQL is doing different level of caching,
I just wonder if there is any way to speed up PostgreSQL in this
scenario, which is a wrong way perhaps.

Thank you.
Ning