Re: FDW: possible resjunk columns in AddForeignUpdateTargets - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FDW: possible resjunk columns in AddForeignUpdateTargets
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> writes:
> I have a question concerning the Foreign Data Wrapper API:
> I find no mention of this in the documentation, but I remember that
> you can only add a resjunk column that matches an existing attribute
> of the foreign table and not one with an arbitrary name or
> definition.

> Ist that right?

I don't recall such a limitation offhand.  It's probably true that
you can't create Vars that don't match some declared column of the
table, but that doesn't restrict what you put into resjunk columns
AFAIR.