Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It seems we left this in broken state.  Do we need to do more here to
> fix narwhal, or do we want to retire narwhal now?  Something else?  Are
> we waiting on someone in particular to do something specific?

I think we're hoping that somebody will step up and investigate how
narwhal's problem might be fixed.  However, the machine's owner (Dave)
doesn't appear to have the time/interest to do that.  That means that
our realistic choices are to retire narwhal or revert the linker changes
that broke it.  Since those linker changes were intended to help expose
missing-PGDLLIMPORT bugs, I don't much care for the second alternative.