Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 09:37 +0300, Asko Oja wrote:
>>> createlang plproxy mydb
>>>
>>> If we can achieve this without putting plproxy into core then i would
>>> like to hear how.

> Sounds like you just need to get a new row in the standard pg_pltemplate.

When pg_pltemplate was first proposed, we discussed including entries in
its standard contents for all the known non-core PLs.  I forget the
arguments that were made against that, but I still think it'd be a good
idea.  It'd save one step in installing a non-core PL, and the entries
couldn't cause any harm, since they'd be useless unless the admin had
actually installed the corresponding .so into the installation's
$libdir.