Re: [HACKERS] Aggregate transition state merging vs. hypothetical set functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Aggregate transition state merging vs. hypothetical set functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 10/13/17 19:01, Tom Lane wrote:
> SMODIFY = SHARABLE    ffunc does some one-time change like sorting,
> so state merging is OK but not window agg

> Is "sharable" the preferred spelling, as opposed to "shareable"?

Hmm ... I looked in two different dictionaries, and they both say
sharable is a variant of shareable.  So while it's not wrong exactly,
I seem to have picked the less preferred spelling.

I could run around and change it, but I'd have to do so *right now*
I think --- once we release beta1 the costs of changing this would
go up.

Will do so if there's not objections in an hour or so.