Re: Quick Extensions Question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Quick Extensions Question
Date
Re: Quick Extensions Question
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> If my extension requires a procedural language, will adding that language to the `requires` control key do what I
thinkit should do?

No.

Probably in future the standard PLs will be packaged as extensions, and
then it will work.  The main reason that it won't happen for 9.1 is that
right now we require superuser privilege to install an extension, which
would be a regression compared to the privilege requirements for
installing standard PLs in existing releases.  And relaxing that
requirement is a research project :-(