Re: Datetime patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Datetime patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I have never seen YY/MM/DD, only YYYY-MM-DD.

You have apparently forgotten what was standard practice just a few
years ago.

> The huge problem is
> deciding out how to decode 03-02-01.  I think we have to require the
> century for those.

No, the entire point is to drive it off datestyle, *not* off the input
value ranges.

> If that is the only issue, I can ask on general, but I doubt someone is
> going to pipe up.

I really dislike the idea that we are going to legislate this behavior
in a three-person discussion on -patches.  The people who will be
screaming about it don't read -patches.

            regards, tom lane