Re: postmaster hangs - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postmaster hangs
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tsirkin Evgeny <tsurkin@mail.jct.ac.il> writes:
> Today i was trying to run an old ver. of an application on test server .
> After a while i have got the pg hangs :

It looks like someone is holding a critical LWLock --- hard to tell if
it's the BufMgrLock or a per-buffer lock for a system index's metapage,
but must be one or the other.  Try backtracing the processes that
*aren't* hung in this particular way.  I'm not sure you'll be able to
learn anything much given that the build doesn't have debug info, but
you might as well try.

            regards, tom lane