Re: Not so happy with psql's new multiline behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Not so happy with psql's new multiline behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Michael Paesold wrote:
>> When you edit a multiline function in zsh, you can easily press Control-C,
>> then type "man zsh", return, and press "up" to continue editing the
>> function as it was left when you pressed Control-C.

> Not sure about zsh's Ctrl-C, but in bash I press Esc-# and a # is
> prepended to the current line and entered into the history.  This is
> what I use when I want to review some manpage or something.

Seems like this discussion has drifted off into things that could only
be changed by altering libreadline, which is not within the purview
of our project ...

(I believe btw that the '#' referred to above is actually a variable
and can be set in the readline config file, so it's not really our
problem anyway.)