Re: Huge number of pg_temp and pg_toast_temp schemas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Huge number of pg_temp and pg_toast_temp schemas
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Thank you.

>This is an unsurprising state, if you routinely have a hundred-plus
>connections that sometimes create temp tables.  Each such session
>needs schemas to keep its temp tables in.  The temp tables are
>deleted at session exit, but we don't bother to remove the schema
>entries, figuring that they'll probably be needed again later, and
>a couple of rows in pg_namespace is negligible overhead anyway.

How to hide temp schemas from pgAdmin 4 tree?
For such large number of temporary schemas  pgAdmin schema tree view becomes polluted and makes database management
difficult.
I turned most of Nodes options in PgAdmin options off but pgadmin still shows them. It shows also pg_toast schema.

Andrus.

Attachment