Re: Vacuum (table performance) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vacuum (table performance)
Date
List pgsql-general
"Claudio Lapidus" <clapidus@hotmail.com> writes:
> Other people mentioned that this probably would get fixed in a forthcoming
> release. Is there anything we can do in the meantime?

This is fixed (or at least greatly improved) in 7.4.  Don't suppose
you'd care to run a test version and see if it actually prevents index
bloat for your usage pattern?

In earlier releases there is very little you can do about it; the only
solutions are regular reindexing or modifying your application to keep
the range of index keys from changing.  The latter is generally
impractical...

            regards, tom lane