Re: LOCK for non-tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: LOCK for non-tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I think we should have a section in the release notes on Deprecated
>> Features, noting that certain things will be removed later and should be
>> changed now and not relied upon in the future. A pending
>> incompatibilities list.

> Agreed.  Of course, the problem is sometimes we don't do what we say
> we're going to do, but it's worth a try.

I think if we had a formal list of planned removals, it'd be more likely
that they'd actually happen.  Right now there's no process at all
driving such things forward.

I suggest also marking each item with a release in which we intend to do
it, so we don't have to try to remember whether a reasonable amount of
time has elapsed.