Re: Do FROM items of different schemas conflict? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Do FROM items of different schemas conflict?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:
> The POSTQUEL extension of adding the tables for you (if I understood
> right) is an aberration (if it is still supported it will ave to be
> removed).

No it won't.  The implicit-RTE extension doesn't come into play until
after you've failed to find a matching RTE.  It cannot break queries
that are valid according to spec --- it only affects queries that should
flag an error according to spec.

My question is about what it means to find a matching RTE and when two
similarly-named RTEs should be rejected as posing a name conflict.
Implicit RTEs are not relevant to the problem.