Re: 8.2 Feature Freeze Rough Estimate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.2 Feature Freeze Rough Estimate
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I'm trying to plan out a few postgresql related projects and could use some
> intuition on when folks think the feature freeze for 8.2 is going to occur.

After some discussion among core, we've agreed to set August 1 as the
tentative feature freeze date for 8.2.  This is a year from the freeze
for 8.1, and there doesn't seem to be any good reason to let the
development cycle run longer than that.  Of course, we'll change the
date if some good reason emerges, but for now let's plan around Aug 1.