Re: Bad crash, pg_clog files missing ... ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bad crash, pg_clog files missing ... ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> FATAL 2:  open of /usr/local/pgsql/5432/pg_clog/06F6 failed: No such file or directory

> The RAID controller went on our server today ... is it safe to just
> 'touch' the files, or is this a 'restore from backup and deal with the
> losses' sort of thing? :(

What range of filenames is actually in $PGDATA/pg_clog/ ?

I suspect 06F6 is well beyond that range, in which case this error
implies corrupted table files, in which case "restore from backup"
is the indicated course of action :-(