Re: Another thought about search_path semantics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Another thought about search_path semantics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-04-04 14:56:54 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I don't find that to be a good idea at all.  pg_dump is probably not the
>> only code that believes it can select a creation target with search_path,
>> no matter what that target is.

> Sure, but how many of those are trying to put things in pg_catalog?

Maybe not many, but pg_dump itself certainly can try to do that.
(Most of the time, pg_dump won't dump things in pg_catalog, but there
are exceptions, eg --binary-upgrade dump of an extension containing
objects in pg_catalog.)