Re: timestamp with time zone - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: timestamp with time zone
Date
List pgsql-performance
Alessandro Gagliardi <alessandro@path.com> writes:
> WHERE ... (created at time zone timezone)::date = 'yesterday'

> created has an index (btree if it matters). timezone does not. I'm
> wondering if the solution to my problem is to create a joint index between
> created and timezone (and if so, if there is a particular way to do that to
> make it work the way I want).

The only way to make that indexable is to create an expression index on
the whole expression "(created at time zone timezone)::date".  Seems
pretty special-purpose, though it might be worthwhile if you do that a
lot.

            regards, tom lane