Re: Installing Postgresql in Irix - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Installing Postgresql in Irix
Date
List pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?q?Nilabhra=20Banerjee?= <nil_ban@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> Now I am planning to install postgresql 7.4 at client site with IRIX 6.4/6.5 (clustered). I got a little bit shaky
afterI read quite a few mails in Postgresql archive reporting failed installation (and something wrong with gcc). Do I
needto bother about it ?

According to the "supported platforms" list, PG 7.4 has been tested
successfully on IRIX 6.5.20 with vendor's cc.  I do seem to recall
something about problems with gcc on that platform, so possibly you'd
want to avoid gcc.

            regards, tom lane