Re: Index plan returns different results to sequential scan - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Index plan returns different results to sequential scan
Date
Re: Index plan returns different results to sequential scan  (John Burns <john@impactdatametrics.com>)
List pgsql-bugs

On 3/21/24 21:08, John Burns wrote:

>> On 21 Mar 2024, at 20:27, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>

>> Sorry about that … the patched version of the package, plus a sample data set is in the attached zip file,
>>
>> -John

Thanks, I can reproduce the issue. I don't know why is it happening, but
the behavior I see is that the (postcode % 'NW10') query somehow misses
rows with postcodes 'NW10 0AA' - 'NW10 3NL' when executed using index.

I don't see anything obviously wrong in the extension / index pages.

You suggested it used to work OK and then broke. Do you perhaps know at
which version it broke? Or did you use 9.x until now, upgrades to 16 and
realized it's broken?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra