Re: Changing owner of pg_toast tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Changing owner of pg_toast tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Glen Jarvis <glen@glenjarvis.com> writes:
> I found this thread online because I have the same problem.

> <snipped>=# drop role <snipped>;
> ERROR:  role "<snipped>" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL:  owner of type pg_toast.pg_toast_51797
> 1 objects in database <snipped>

I think this is a known issue:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2009-02/msg01021.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-02/msg00224.php

If you're not running a very recent minor release then you'd be subject
to the bug, and even if you were this could be leftover damage from a
previous episode.

If your situation doesn't fit the summary in the second message cited
above, we'd be interested to have more details.

            regards, tom lane