Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas
Date
Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This will certainly not work, since you don't own your pg_temp_* schema
>> (the bootstrap UID does).  I disagree with the goal anyway ...

> OK, others liked the goal of showing only your local schema --- what is
> your proposal?

My proposal is to do nothing ;-).

If you want to suppress *all* pg_temp_ schemas from the \dn listing,
that would be defensible maybe.  I'd be inclined to say that pg_toast
should be hidden as well if that approach is taken, because then you are
basically saying that \dn is not the truth but only the stuff we think
you should be interested in.  (This is why I don't agree with it.)

            regards, tom lane