Re: Re: About the return states of SPI_execute for plpy.execute().status() - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: About the return states of SPI_execute for plpy.execute().status()
Date
List pgsql-docs
"Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com> writes:
> It is referring to the SPI_execute() return values [1] whose mapped integers
> are available in [2]. 11 refers to INSERT ... RETURNING. Maybe PL/Python should
> expose these SPI constants too (if it doesn't).

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to do that, because there's been
repeated discussion of removing (or at least obsoleting) most of those
codes in favor of throwing regular errors for the cases that represent
error conditions.  Better to wait to change plpython until after that
dust settles.

            regards, tom lane