Re: WITH RECUSIVE patches 0723 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WITH RECUSIVE patches 0723
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One more oversight: the patch isn't updating the ECPG preproc.y other
> than trivially, so WITH queries aren't working in ecpg:

> test.pgc:111: ERROR: syntax error at or near "recursive"

By and large we don't expect core patches to worry about fixing the ecpg
grammar.  Right now the situation is that Michael Meskes makes a manual
cleanup pass every so often :-(.  I would like to see that get automated
sooner rather than later, but in the near term it is not the
responsibility of core-patch authors to update ecpg.