Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> This is my first test like this against 9.3 development though, so the cause
>> could be an earlier commit.  I'm just starting with the most recent work as
>> the first suspect.  Next I think I'll try autovacuum=off and see if the
>> crash goes away.  Other ideas are welcome.

> Something like the (untested) debug message below might be helpful:

It might also be interesting to know if there is more than one
still-pinned buffer --- that is, if you're going to hack the code, fix
it to elog(LOG) each pinned buffer and then panic after completing the
loop.