Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> writes:
> No matter how you slice it, the default on Linux is implicitly changing and the choice is to either:
>  * Return the default to fdatasync
>  * Let it implicitly change to O_DSYNC

> The latter choice is the one that requires testing to prove that it is the proper and preferred default from the
performanceand data reliability POV.

And, in fact, the game plan is to do that testing and see which default
we want.  I think it's premature to argue further about this until we
have some test results.

            regards, tom lane