c++ convert wchar_t to UTF-8 for DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ciifrancesco@tiscali.it
Subject c++ convert wchar_t to UTF-8 for DB
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,
I write with reference to the message readable at
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4BF575E6.5060203@hogranch.com

I am in the situation described in the message. I have a char* in C++ and i want to put in my db, but most of the non ASCII charachers are broken.
So i used wchar_t, but the following function doesn't exist:

PGresult *PQexec(PGconn *conn, const wchar_t *query);

In the message I referred at the beginning of this e-mail, one the answer is clear about what to do (convert wchar_t to UTF-8), but it's not explained how to do that.
I am doing this on Linux.

Thanks,
Francesco F.

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/