Re: Performance on Bulk Insert to Partitioned Table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Performance on Bulk Insert to Partitioned Table
Date
Re: Performance on Bulk Insert to Partitioned Table
List pgsql-performance
Charles Gomes <charlesrg@outlook.com> writes:
> Using rules would be totally bad as I'm partitioning daily and after one year having 365 lines of IF won't be fun to
maintain.

You should probably rethink that plan anyway.  The existing support for
partitioning is not meant to support hundreds of partitions; you're
going to be bleeding performance in a lot of places if you insist on
doing that.

            regards, tom lane