Re: Proof of concept: auto updatable views [Review of Patch] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proof of concept: auto updatable views [Review of Patch]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> There are three different WITH CHECK OPTION options:

> WITH CHECK OPTION
> WITH CASCADED CHECK OPTION
> WITH LOCAL CHECK OPTION

No, there are four: the fourth case being if you leave off the phrase
altogether.  That's the only case we accept, and it corresponds to the
patch's behavior, ie, don't worry about it.

> Oh, and I'm guessing at least one well-known financial services
> company would just love to have these :)

It might be material for a future patch, but it's not happening in
this iteration.